I usually keep my meals pretty simple. They usually consist of a meat and a vegetable. Very rarely do I include a starch like rice or biscuits, mostly because I find we usually don’t need it. But once in a while, you just gotta have a biscuit, like when you make a stew! I made a deliciously simple beef stew the other day (yes, in the heat of summer), and it was just screaming for a dipper!
These biscuits are seriously a five minute operation. You can throw some ingredients in a slow cooker in the morning, then come home in the evening and whip these up really quickly. Five minutes to mix, fifteen minutes to bake. Done! And they’re completely customizable. You could completely omit the scallions and cheddar, and add in some chopped up bacon or prosciutto, and maybe some sun-dried tomato! That would be fantastic. Or, you could go the sweet route, and add in a bit of honey and cinnamon. Do whatever you like! I’ll never know.
On with the recipe…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sea salt and baking soda. Mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in the chopped scallion and cheese.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Slowly whisk in the melted butter with the eggs (slowly so that you don't cook the eggs)
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients.
- Drop the biscuits on a parchment line baking sheet, in about ¼ cup measures.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
I hope you enjoy these Gluten Free White Cheddar Scallion Drop Biscuits as much as my family did!
In good health,
Kelli of Happy Healthnut
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.